Please note that your selling dealer is you first point of contact for any troubles you may be having with your product. Our dealers appreciate your business and welcome the opportunity to provide you with superior customer service.
General Return Policy (for dealer returns to Empire)
Please see specific battery warranty information below.
Return Merchandise: Any merchandise returned for a refund must be returned within 30 days of purchase. The merchandise must be unused, in its original package, and in resalable condition. Your return should be shipped by USPS insured for your protection. All returns must include a copy of the original receipt that came with your shipment. You must include a detailed explanation on the Empire Hobby, L.L.C. RMA FORM with your exchange/return or we will not process your return. Battery packs that have been altered in any way are not covered under this policy.
Defective Merchandise: Include a brief note describing the defect on an Empire Hobby, L.L.C. RMA FORM which you can download here. Do not write on the merchandise packaging. Installing a servo constitutes used merchandise and cannot be returned. Defective unused merchandise will be replaced or refunded within 30 days of purchase. All returns must include a copy of the original packing list that came with your shipment. Battery packs that have been altered in any way are not covered under this policy
Battery packs (except Lithium Polymer packs) will be warranted to be free from defect for the period of 30 days from receipt from the buyer. Battery packs that have been altered in any way are not covered under this policy.
Empire Hobby, L.L.C. tests all Lithium cells and packs prior to shipment and therefore warranty the cells and packs will be free from defect upon receipt from the buyer. All other Empire Hobby, L.L.C. Battery packs are warranted for 30 days to be free from manufacturer defects. Individual battery cells are tested prior to shipment and are warranted to be free from defect upon receipt from the buyer.
All other Empire Hobby, L.L.C. products sold are warranted for 30 days to be free from manufacturer defect.
Empire Hobby, L.L.C. shall not in any way or manner be liable to the buyer under this clause unless the following conditions for the installation, use and/or operation of the Empire Hobby, L.L.C. product in question are strictly complied with:
- The Empire Hobby, L.L.C. product is installed and operated in accordance with Empire Hobby, L.L.C.'s instructions and any manual issued by Empire Hobby, L.L.C. in conjunction with the installation and operation of the Empire Hobby, L.L.C. product and in accordance with generally accepted industrial practices; and
- The Empire Hobby, L.L.C. product is used under normal conditions for which it is designed; and
- The Empire Hobby, L.L.C. product receives due and proper care and maintenance; and
- The Empire Hobby, L.L.C. product is used with an electrical protection system and a charger approved by Empire Hobby, L.L.C.; and
- The Empire Hobby, L.L.C. product is not subjected to any modification or adaptation which is not authorized by Empire Hobby, L.L.C. in writing; and
- No device, instrument, equipment (either separately or in combination) is installed for use in connection with or as part of the Empire Hobby, L.L.C. product, the use or combination of which has not been approved or recommended by Empire Hobby, L.L.C. in writing; and
- The Empire Hobby, L.L.C. product is not allowed to completely self-discharge or be left connected to a load beyond full discharge.
Hyperion G3 Warranty Coverage
Hyperion G3 LiPo Packs are guaranteed as follows:
• Defects in materials and workmanship (solder joints, etc) for one year from date of purchase.
• Persistent imbalance of one cell of greater than 0.06V compared to average of other cell(s) in the pack. Must be reported within 2 months of date of purchase.
Hyperion G3 Packs are NOT guaranteed for the following:
• Physical Damage to the pack occurring after purchase (impact, water/moisture/salt, etc)
• Over-voltage charging, or other error by charger or user setting of charger.
• Use outside of specifications
• Damage due to improper storage (very hot locations, fully charged storage, etc)
• Short circuit
• Improper balance connections to charger
• Returns without copy of Original Receipt
• Returns without accompanying note stating the reason for return.
Note that a pack in which ALL cells have "ballooned" will not qualify for free warranty replacement. Given a cell failure rate of less than 1/1000, it is statistically impossible that all cells in a pack will balloon together while being properly used and maintained. In virtually all such cases, the problem can be identified over-capacity discharge, radical over-current discharge, improper storage, or charge voltage in excess of 4.205V/cell. In such cases, the Crash Replacement Policy is available to you. If you have experienced this problem, you will need to troubleshoot your charger and power system to determine the cause, so it does not happen again.
Your selling dealer is your first point of contact for warranty issues. Please contact your dealer for advice BEFORE returning any item. In many cases your dealer can help you solve a problem without return. Return postage is the responsibility of the user in all cases.
You MUST Submit a copy of original, dated receipt, and explanation of the problem with the return. Returned units should be examined by the Hyperion dealer’s tech department within 10 days of arrival, and contact made with the user to explain the findings.
|Crash Replacement Policy
If you have damaged your Hyperion Lipo pack for any reason which is NOT covered by free warranty replacement (i.e due to crash, water damage, etc), and within the first year after original purchase, your nearest Hyperion Regional Distributor can exchange your pack for a brand new one of the same type (or lesser value pack), at 40% discount from original Hyperion suggested retail price for the replacement pack, plus return shipping.
• The Pack must be fully discharged before shipping to the Distributor.
• The Return pack must have the original dated receipt (or email confirmation of sale date from original dealer)
• Include the following in a letter, enclosed with your return package:
DESIRED REPLACEMENT PACK
METHOD of PAYMENT (Paypal email address, or Credit Card details)
Limits Of Responsibility: We accept no responsibility for crash damage. It is impossible to determine for certain whether crash damage was the result of a radio system failure or pilot error. We accept no responsibility for crash damage occurring during the use of a radio controlled model. We accept no responsibility for improper installation of our products. Electrical polarity MUST be properly observed in hooking up electrical components. Fuses must be used with all electrical components where indicated (example: speed controllers).
Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability as to Products Sold
All EmpireRC.com products are guaranteed against defects for the period of 30 days. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY STATED HEREIN, EmpireRC.com makes no representations or warranties, either express or implied, of any kind with respect to products sold on the EmpireRC.com site. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY STATED HEREIN, EmpireRC.com expressly disclaims all warranties, express or implied, of any kind with respect to products sold on this site, including but not limited to, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. By placing an order, you agree that the sole and exclusive maximum liability to EmpireRC.com arising from any product sold on the EmpireRC.com sites shall be the price of the product ordered. In no event shall EmpireRC.com, its directors, officers, employees and representatives be liable for special, indirect, consequential, or punitive damages related to product sold.
Except in respect of death or personal injury caused by Empire Hobby, L.L.C.'s negligence, under no circumstances whatsoever shall Empire Hobby, L.L.C. be liable to the buyer for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to loss of profit or the loss of any other form of financial or non-financial benefit; loss of use of or damage to any property; work stoppage; any special, indirect, incidental or consequential loss or damage; costs; expenses; and other claims for compensation), arising out of or in connection with the sale of any Empire Hobby, L.L.C. product (including any misrepresentation (unless fraudulent); any breach of an implied or express warranty, condition or other term; or any breach of a common law duty), in an amount exceeding the price of the Empire Hobby, L.L.C. product giving rise to the claim, except as expressly agreed in writing by Empire Hobby, L.L.C.
- Airplane Kits
- Brushed Motors
- Brushless Accessories
- Brushless Motors
- Camera Gimbals
- Cars & Trucks
- Connectors & Wire
- Depron Foam
- Flight Packs
- Gearboxes & Mounts
- Glue & Retaining Compounds
- GWS Parts & Accessories
- Gyros, Stabilizers & Autopilots
- Helicopter Blades
- Helicopter Parts
- Hyperion Parts & Accessories
- Multi-Rotor Heli
- Plastic Models
- RC Boats
- Servo Arms & Accessories
- Simulators & Sim Cables
- Speed Controllers